Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Starting to look the way I want it

This blog is starting to take shape. I've made a page (on the right sidebar, under "Pages") listing the galleries that I've updated to the new style, and generally customized the blog to resemble my actual website.

I have to say that I'm happy with the Google Blogger service, and I'm impressed by the level of customization that it allows. A great deal better than the easy setup 1&1 blog offered by my web host. It uses WordPress, but has very limited functionality. There was a way around that, namely manually installing WordPress on my webspace, but it involved setting up a MySQL database, some editing of config files and then manually installing. In other words, more trouble than I was willing to go to. I decided to try Google, which I already use for a number of other things, instead. So far, so good. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment